Effective Date of this version: 24 Jan, 2013
Table of Contents
- Product & Services Information
- Responsibility for User-Generated Content Posted on or Through this Website
- Removal of User-Generated Content
- Your Feedback
- Links to Other Sites
- No Warranties
- Exclusion of Liability
- Your Obligations
- Modification and Discontinuation
- Entire Understanding
- Severability and Non-Waiver
- Law & Jurisdiction
- Contacting Us
ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF) AND THE USE OF INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF), IS NOT INTENDED, AND IS PROHIBITED, WHERE SUCH ACCESS OR USE VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS.Definitions
The term “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate this Website, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on this Website.
The terms “Crocs,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Crocs Singapore Pte. Ltd.
The term “Feedback” refers to the Content you post on or through this Website that is specifically about how we can improve this Website and the products and services we make available through this Website.
The terms “Personally Identifiable Information” and “PII” refer to individually identifiable information about you that could permit one to identify or contact you. Examples of PII include your name, address, and email address.
The term “User-Generated Content” refers to all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video, audio-video clips, and other material that you post on or through our Website using the social networking tools we make available to you and that does not constitute Feedback. One way that User-Generated Content differs from other information you provide to us is that, once submitted, User-Generated Content is made available instantaneously to others. Examples of User-Generated Content are information you provide as part of a product review and comments you make in response to a blog post.
The term “Website” refers to crocs.com.ph, which is owned by Crocs Inc. and operated by Crocs Singapore Pte. Ltd.
The terms “you” and “your” mean any user of this Website.Minors
This Website is a business and commercial site. As such, it is not intended for children or minors under the age of 18 years without the permission of a parent or guardian.Product & Services Information
All references on this Website to information, materials, products, and services apply to information, materials, products and services available in the countries or jurisdictions specified with respect to such information only, unless otherwise stated. Nothing in this Website constitutes an offer to buy or sell our products or services in any jurisdiction.Ownership
Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and all of its Content are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) laws, including without limitation those of the United States and Singapore, and all Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of Crocs or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner and is protected pursuant to applicable copyright and trademark laws. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The posting of any Content on this Website does not constitute a waiver of any right in such Content. You do not acquire ownership rights to any Content viewed through this Website. Except as otherwise provided herein, none of this Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted, communicated or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without our express prior written permission.
Permission is hereby granted to the extent necessary to lawfully access and use this Website and its Content to display, download, archive and print in hard copy, portions of this Website on a temporary basis and for your individual use only, provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials.Trademarks
The Crocs logo, all product names, all page headers, all custom graphics, all button icons, all trademarks, service marks and logos appearing on this Website, unless otherwise noted, are service marks, trademarks (whether registered or not) and/or trade dress of Crocs (the “Marks”). All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated on the Website are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. You are not authorized to display or use trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress of other owners without the prior written permission of such owners. The use or misuse of the Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited.Responsibility for User-Generated Content Posted on or Through this Website
You are responsible for User-Generated Content that you post. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User-Generated Content.
Because we do not control the User-Generated Content posted on or through this Website, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, completeness or quality of that User-Generated Content. You also agree and understand that by accessing this Website, you may encounter User-Generated Content that you may consider to be objectionable. We have no responsibility for any User-Generated Content, including without limitation any errors or omissions therein. We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind you may claim was incurred as a result of any User-Generated Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or through this Website, including any use thereof. The User-Generated Content posted on or through this Website expresses the personal opinions of the individuals who posted it and does not necessarily reflect the views of Crocs or any person or entity associated with Crocs.
You own User-Generated Content, but we may use it. You own the copyright in any original User-Generated Content you post. We do not claim any copyrights in User-Generated Content. However, by using this Website you are granting us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, fully paid, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain repurpose, and commercialize User-Generated Content you post in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without obtaining additional consent, without restriction, notification, or attribution, and without compensating you in any way, and to authorize others to do the same. For this reason, we ask that you do not post any User-Generated Content that you do not wish to license to us, including any photographs, videos, confidential information, or product ideas.
We may disclose and/or remove User-Generated Content. Crocs has certain rights. We have the right (but do not assume the obligation) to:
- monitor all User-Generated Content;
- require that you avoid certain subjects;
- remove or block any User-Generated Content at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion;
- terminate your access to and use of this Website, or to modify, edit or block your transmissions thereto in our sole discretion.
You agree that our exercise of such discretion shall not render us the owners of User-Generated Content you post, and that you will retain ownership thereof as described above.
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available:
- any User-Generated Content that is unlawful, harmful, hateful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, racially disparaging, indecent, or invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise religious or political in nature;
- any User-Generated Content that constitutes or encourages activity illegal under criminal or civil law;
- any User-Generated Content that is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- any User-Generated Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any User-Generated Content that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including User-Generated Content which violates the patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any individual, living or deceased, or any legal entity;
- any User-Generated Content that contains the image, name or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless (i) that person is at least eighteen years old and you have first obtained his/her express permission or (ii) that person is under eighteen years old but you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- any request for or solicitation of any personal or private information from any individual;
- any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- any User-Generated Content that contains advertising, promotions or marketing, or which otherwise has a commercial purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
Violation of copyrights. Crocs does not knowingly violate or permit others to violate the copyrights of others. We will promptly remove or disable access to material that we know is infringing or if we become aware of circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
If you are requesting removal of content because of a violation of your copyrights, please note that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) and Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) provide recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law and Singapore copyright law respectively. If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorized to act, is featured on this Website or has been otherwise copied and made available on this Website in a manner that constitute copyright infringement under U.S. or Singapore law, please notify us immediately (“Infringement Notice”). Your Infringement Notice must be in writing and signed by you, and at the minimum must include:
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where the material that you claim is infringing is located on this Website (including the URL, title and/or item number if applicable, or other identifying characteristics);
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and, if you are not the owner of the copyright, the name of the owner;
- where you believe there is copyright infringement under Singapore law, your name, address, address for service in Singapore (if you are resident outside Singapore), telephone number, facsimile number (if any) and email address, and, if you are acting on behalf of the owner or exclusive licensee of the copyright, the name and address of the owner or exclusive licensee;
- a written statement by you that requires us to remove or disable access to the alleged infringing material;
- a written statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and is not infringing of the copyrighted work;
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner, exclusive licensee or authorized to act on the copyright owner's or exclusive licensee’s behalf; and
- where you believe there is copyright infringement under Singapore law, a statement by you agreeing to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
To the extent that the alleged infringement is governed by the Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) as applicable to network service providers, please notify us immediately in the form and containing the information prescribed by the Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) and the Copyright (Network Service Provider) Regulations.
Your statement must be addressed as follows:
Crocs Retail, Inc.
7477 East Dry Creek Parkway
Niwot, CO 80503
Any notification by a copyright owner or an exclusive licensee or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA or Singapore Copyright Act and the Copyright (Network Service Provider) Regulations as applicable to us shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual or constructive knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.Your Feedback
Although we do not claim ownership of User-Generated Content you post using this Website, the Feedback you provide to us through this Website will be and remain our exclusive property. Your submission of Feedback will constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, title and interests in your Feedback, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Feedback. We will be entitled to reduce to practice, exploit, make, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, distribute, improve and modify any Feedback you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Feedback that you do not wish to assign to us.Links to Other Sites
This Website may contain links and/or advertisements to other websites maintained by us in addition to links to websites maintained by unrelated companies and persons. An advertisement of, or link to, a non-Crocs website does not mean that we approve, endorse or accept any responsibility for that website, its content or use, or the use of products and services made available through such website.
We are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, opinions expressed, privacy policies, products or services provided through these links or made available through these resources or appearing in such websites, nor for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on such websites.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, WHICH ARE PROVIDED FOR USE "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE AND ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR EMAIL SENT FROM US WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES). WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA. YOU ACCEPT THAT OUR SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THIS CLAUSE.
The information and all other materials on this Website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional advice. It is your responsibility to evaluate (or take professional advice on) the accuracy and completeness of all information, statements, opinions and other material on this Website or any website with which it is linked.
Your statutory rights as a consumer, if any, are not affected by these provisions, and we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.Exclusion of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws we, on behalf of our employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors, exclude AND DISCLAIM liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any website with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
You are responsible for providing and maintaining all personal computer and communications equipment and Internet access accounts necessary to gain access to this Website.
In consideration of your use of the Website, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself.
Your account, including your username and password, are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or username by you or by anyone else using your username and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately inform us of any apparent breaches of security such as loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your username or password (contact Crocs at email@example.com ) and until we are so notified you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of your account.
You agree to use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable rules and regulations. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Website is strictly prohibited. Crocs reserves all rights and remedies available to it.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Website (or any portion thereof) and/or the information, materials, products and/or services available through this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of this Website.Entire Understanding
You hereby consent and waive all objections to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore and venue therein to resolve any controversy or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to use of this Website. However, we retain the right to bring legal proceedings in any jurisdiction where we believe that infringement of this agreement is taking place or originating.Contacting Us
You may also contact us at:
150 Cecil Street, #04-00, Singapore 069543
+65 6411 7641